Manchester United react to Ronaldo’s fiery comments
Manchester United have announced they will respond to Cristiano Ronaldo’s comments that he was cheated by the club to force him out after all the facts were checked.
Ronaldo, who returned to United from Juventus in 2021 on a two-year deal for a second spell at Old Trafford, said in an interview with Piers Morgan on TalkTV that aired on Sunday that he had no respect for manager Eric Ten Hag.
“Manchester United have followed media coverage of an interview with Cristiano Ronaldo,” United said in a statement on Monday. The club will consider responding to these statements after fully evaluating all the facts. Our focus at the moment is still on preparing for the second half of the season and the cooperation between the players, the coach, the coaching staff and the fans.”
Ten Hag said last month that the 37-year-old Portugal international refused to be substituted against Tottenham Hotspur and went in the tunnel just minutes before the end of the game after leaving the bench.
Ronaldo, a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, was not part of the squad that faced Chelsea the following Saturday and missed United’s 2-1 win over Fulham on Sunday through illness.
United are fifth in the league with 26 points from 14 games before the season was suspended for the World Cup scheduled for November 20-December 18 in Qatar. Ronaldo will lead Portugal in the tournament.
#Manchester #United #react #Ronaldos #fiery #comments